Friday, January 25, 2013

Necklace Project Day 4 & 5

I knew I was going to end up missing a day here and there. And I was tempted to just say never mind and try to catch up next week, but then I would have to load a whole bunch of pictures. So it is just easier to catch up on one day than three or four.

So on Thursday I wore this necklace.
It is gold with some sort of shell for the pendant. I bought this necklace at Kmart about four years ago. It was on clearance so it was probably only about $3 and it was different from any other necklace I had so I thought it would be a good addition. I have actually found a few really nice pieces of jewelry in the clearance bin at Kmart and Target. If I don't end up wearing the piece like it was originally made I will take it apart and use the pieces some other way.

Today I wore this necklace.
It is an authentic Zuni pendant. It is turquoise, lapis, and opal inlay in silver. This is the only piece of turquoise I own which is even hard for me to believe since I was born and raised in New Mexico. My Dad even ran a trading post on an reservation for a while when I was a kid, but I am pretty picky when it comes to turquoise. I thought that this was a piece that I got from my grandmother, but then I found out it was either found in a bunch of stuff my cousin was getting rid of, or it was in a suitcase that my parents got at a storage auction. Either way I love this necklace.

No comments: