Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Now where did put my creativity juice?

So my faithful followers. I know I have been very remiss at posting anything on my blog since I finished my necklace project over a year ago. But I really have been busy (or at least that is what I tell myself). Since my last post I have created an Etsy page as well as a page on Goodsmiths. So there has been some productivity happening. Anyway, I am hoping that the motivation to be creative will come as I post my completed projects on here.  I just spent the last couple of hours cleaning out my office/ craft room and getting my crafting things organized.
One of my problems is that I am so eclectic when it come to projects. I love to crochet and make up patterns. I make jewelry that ranges from stringing, to wire wrapping, to bead weaving. I am trying to learn how to knit. I like to sew and have a lot of material I need to use. And I love paper crafts like book binding. I am pretty sure that if I had a garage and any sort of a yard I would be doing woodwork and re-purposing or redoing furniture.
My biggest problem right now is that I have so many things completed and I can't keep them all, my family and friends are pretty crafted out, and I can't seem to sell them. So I am in a creative slump because I just don't know what to do with my stuff. And on the subject of selling. I haven't really made much profit on my online stores and there aren't all that many craft shows in the area. Plus, I will not create a piece just because I think it will sell. My motto is if I wouldn't wear it or use it than I am not going to make it. That might be my biggest set back as someone who makes things to sell, but I just refuse to work like that because trends change so quickly that I wouldn't be able to keep up.
So my followers I will be trying to post my finished projects on this site and pray that I can find the motivation to continue to create.


Yes I started with a piece of jewelry because that is what I already have pictures of. This picture is actually pretty funny to me because you can see the reflection of me taking the picture. This is a created quartz disk on a rose gold chain. I have made a couple of these necklaces because I just think they are so simple and can work with a number of looks.

No comments: