Saturday, April 20, 2013

Necklace Project Day 76 + (to the end)

Alright so I have decided I just have way too much going on to be worrying about whether or not I have worn a necklace already or not. That and I have favorites for a reason and I want to get back to wearing them. So I went through my jewelry armoire and took picture of the rest of my necklaces. And since the point of this was to see how many necklaces I have and where I got them I figure I am accomplishing that by posting them. (I make the rules!!!) 
The first three necklaces I did wear this last week.

This picture definitely does not do this necklace justice. It is a beautiful strand of opal. I know if I wore it more often it would polish the stone and the opal would sparkle more, but it is a choker style necklace and the back gets caught in the little hairs at the back of my head so it is a little annoying if my hair is down. But I love this necklace because it is my birthstone. I also love because of who gave it to me. It was from my boss/friend from Silver City who has given me so many beautiful pieces and I think of her every time I wear it.

This was the first locket I bought when I got into the mood to buy lockets. I love the cameo on the front. The problem with lockets is finding pictures small enough to fit in them. And then since I am not married, who do I put in it? In this locket I have my sister's two oldest kids, but there are two more. They just need to come up with a way to make small digital picture frames that look like lockets and aren't too bulky.

This necklace is another example of how much I like opalite. I made this necklace to wear to my sister Anne's wedding. I made one for my Mom and my other sister (except she doesn't like opalite, nazi, so I put a simple pendent on her ribbon). I don't wear this necklace very often because it just doesn't work with too many of my shirts. I am thinking I might give it to one of my nieces because it is pretty and I know she will like it.

 This is one of those necklaces that I tend to find at the back of my jewelry box and I don't know why other than I just forget about it a lot. It is a small quartz spear with peyote stitching around it. I might skip over it a lot because I don't really have earring I feel goes with it. I know I could make some but I guess I am just not motivated to do it.

 This is another simple quartz spear without the bead work on it. I pretty much never wear this necklace and in fact am thinking of taking it apart or giving it away.

I have had this necklace since high school when Y necklaces were popular. I love the blue hearts but I just forget about his necklace when I am going through them to wear something with my blue shirts. I have  bracelet that goes with it and maybe one day I will make some earrings to go with it. Or it will stay at the back until I decide to take it apart. I might just take of some of the hearts and leave the pendant. I am not sure.

 I like this necklace because it is mostly all hemitite. And I love the turtle pendant. And ESPECIALLY LOVE the person who gave it to me. That would be my Edenton Momma in North Carolina. I just haven't had the chance to wear it because I forgot I had it (sorry Momma). So I am going to try really hard in the neck couple of weeks to find a reason to wear it.
I love the red of this necklace and the fact that the bigger stone are actually plastic so this really long string of beads isn't very heavy. But I haven't worn it in ages probably because I tend to choke myself whenever I wear it. And usually it ends up wrap around my wrist by the end of the day.

I think this is a necklace I actually gave to someone else and it ended up coming back to me. I gave it my sister, who then gave it to my brother, who then gave it to me. I wonder where it will end up eventually? I don't think I have ever worn it and I just don't know what I would wear it with. Hmmmm!

I made this necklace to imitate the red necklace I posted above. I used up the last of those blue beads that I had and quartz chips from a bracelet that broke. The same problems I have with the red necklace I have with this one because it ends up on my wrist by the end of the day. That or in my pocket because the quartz pokes into my skin.

Yes that is a bottle as pendant. My Mom made this necklace and I stole it from her years ago. It had a cork and glitter in it but the cork rotted and fell in after all the glitter fell out. I never wear it now but I love it because it is so pretty. Maybe some day I will figure out how to get the broken pieces of cork out of it and find a new cork to put in it.

I can't really remember where I got this necklace but it is really pretty and one of the only necklaces I have that has turquoise  This one even have turquoise chips which I hate. But the pendant is so pretty that it is almost worth it. The reason I haven't worn this necklace yet is because it catches the little hairs at the back of my head so I have to be wearing my hair up to wear it. That and I want to find some earrings to go with it.

 I bought this necklace because I like the pendant and it was cheap. But I have never worn it. I think I will probably take it apart and use the pieces for different projects. It is a pretty necklace though so maybe I will wear it at least once the way it is to see if I like it. But most likely it will be taken apart and turned into something else.

This necklace is almost exactly like the one I made for my sister's wedding only I used a green ribbon. I made this necklace years ago because I wanted a different necklace to wear on St. Patrick's day. Granted where I was working at the time I really didn't have much fear of being pinched but I always wear green on St. Patrick's day just to be on the safe side.

So that is it. That is all of my necklaces (I think). If I find one that I missed I will post it. I know I have some necklaces that I have made while I was doing this but I didn't want to keep them because I didn't want to have to write about them. But I am done, I feel so accomplished. Now to quit putting off homework to get this done.    :) Who knows maybe my next project will be (gasp) bracelets!  

No comments: