Monday, April 26, 2010

Travel

So it is just over a week before I leave for a week long vacation to Virginia/North Carolina. I am so very excited. It has been almost 6 1/2 years since I have been back east. I am really excited to see my Edenton Momma Deb. Tonight I made the reservations for the car and the hotel for the first two days, but I think it is pretty funny that the LaQuinta next to the Norfolk International Airport is more expensive then the LaQuinta in Virginia Beach, even the one right on the ocean. So I made reservations at the one in VB that is 7 miles away from the airport and I will be saving $40 doing it. But I will also have to put up with 7 miles of rush hour traffic. Oh well! I am so glad that Anne is going to be coming with me. It would have been really boring if I had to go by myself. I could have asked a former mission companion to come with me, but then I would have had to go and see some of their old areas, and I wanted to be selfish. My plan is to spend a couple days in Norfolk and Portsmouth, then spend the remainder of the week in and around Edenton.

I do feel pretty bad because I will be missing some things by going on this trip. Stacie's birthday, Kyrstin's birthday, and Jennifer's graduation. But I hopefully be going down to see Jen in July and we can spend some quality time together. Kyrstin won't know I am not there. And I will see Stacie some time this next month.

Now I just need to make sure everything at work is finished before I leave.

No comments: