Saturday, March 16, 2013

Necklace Project Days 47, 48, & 49

I didn't get behind again, I didn't. Okay, I did but that is because Aurora broke my necklace last night and I didn't have time to fix it before I went to be. And the night before was just so long that I kind of crashed when I got home from parent teacher conferences. Oh well, I got behind and now I have to catch up.

When I found this necklace again I was so very excited. I received this pendent from my friend who used to (I'm not sure if she still does) purchase stones and put them into settings. This is a white topaz in a simple setting. I had it on a longer chain but hardly ever wore it. So I put it on a shorter chain and then lost it in my jewelry armoire. Oh well, I have found it again so now I can wear it more often.

This was the necklace that Aurora broke. She has this weird habit of trying to cover up my necklace with my shirt, but this necklace wasn't long enough to go into my shirt. So she pulled too hard and the chain broke. Luckily I had the tool to fix the chain and I actually change the necklace a little so the jump ring wasn't just going through one ring of the chain but will now slide over the chain. Hopefully this will make it so it won't spin as much. It is a big pendent but it really dresses up a simple outfit. And since it is so big I don't feel like I need to wear big earrings with it.

I got this necklace from my Mom. This was the first gold-stone piece I ever got. She also gave me some earrings to go with it, but they were screw back posts and the irritated my ears so I had to give them back. So since I wanted earrings to match this necklace I bought some gold-stone beads and made my own. Now I want to get some blue gold-stone (which sounds silly to me) and make some other jewelry. Oh what am I going to do? Every time I get more jewelry or beads I just want more. It is an illness. :)

No comments: