Monday, March 4, 2013

Necklace Project Days 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 (Yep, five in a row))

As you can see from the title I have gotten a little behind again. And again I have been tempted to just forget it and wear whatever I want and not post anything. But I am determined to get through all of my necklaces. Thank heavens I didn't start out with only focusing on my earrings because I think I would have quit a long time ago. I could do a week on bracelets but that is because I don't have very many of those. But we will continue with the necklaces, hell or high water.

I seem to have an affinity for clear tear shaped pendants. This might be my last one but I am not sure. I bought this clear quartz pendant at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I am not sure which one. I had it sitting in my jewelry supplies for a while because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep in as it was, wire wrap it, or add color to it some how. In the end I simple strung it.
I actually found this necklace on the sidewalk a couple of years ago. It was broken and missing the clasp, which is why I figure it was on the ground in the first place. I put up a notice in the buildings close to where I found it, but no one claimed it. It is a string of grey freshwater pearls but when I restrung it the length was too short for my neck. I didn't get it in the picture but at the ends there are rice shaped hematite beads to add length to it and an adjustable chain clasp. Now I just need to get some bigger grey freshwater pearls to make earrings to go with it. I guess I could use hematite, but I would rather have pearls.
This is another one where I am not really sure where I got it. It is a cool piece only because I have not seen one like it before. It is a simple string of round tigers eye and mother-of-pearl beads with glass beads in between. I will probably have to restring it pretty soon. I was once told by a Native American gentleman who I was trying to sell a cellphone to that this necklace was very powerful and it would give me strength and wisdom. I am not so sure how that has worked out, but it is a neat piece all the same. Again I would like to find something to make earrings to match.

I am adding the earrings that I usually wear with this necklace because I just like them so much. I actually didn't make one to match the other, it just kind of happened. I made the necklace first a few years ago to go with a dress that I had. Then about 6 months ago I found the pattern for the earrings and made them as an experiment. It worked out great that they matched so well and now I don't often wear one without the other.
This is a wish marble necklace that my Mom made be quite a few years ago. She created this pattern and then wrote a poem to go with it. I can't remember the poem (sorry Mom) but I love this piece simply because it is so red, which is my favorite color. The beads are red and so is the marble. I have experimented with the wish marble pattern for years trying to find new ways to work it into different projects.

I realized as I looked over the last five necklaces that I have either made, or remade, or had made for me four out of the five. Hmm, wonder what to make of that?





No comments: