Sunday, February 3, 2013

Necklace Project Day 12

So I have to go back to the blog post from the night before to make sure I am on the right day. I think it was yesterday I was getting ready to get dressed but I had to stop and thing of what necklace I was going to wear and if I had clothes that would work with it.  The problem is that I am currently living in two places. I pack while I am in Laramie, where all of my jewelry is, on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for the rest of the week in Green River, where I live mostly out of a suitcase. So Saturday I wasn't sure if I had the right jewelry to match the clothes I had with me. Then I was trying to decide what I was going to wear to church today by thinking about what necklaces I had left to wear and what dresses I had. I think I was able to pull together a decent outfit this way. So the moral of this story is I plan my entire outfits around what jewelry I am planning on wearing that day.

I am not sure how well this one shows up on the black bust, but this is what I have. So I made this necklace back in high school. It is one of my favorite pieces because I feel like I can dress it up and dress it down. This was really one of the first stitches I learned when I first started making beaded jewelry. I think Mom adapted this necklace from what was suppose to be a strap for an amulet bag necklace. It is a simple netting stitch, but I think it is fun to use because the necklaces can come together so quickly and you could add crystals or pearls if you wanted to.

No comments: