Friday, February 8, 2013

Necklace Project Days 15, 16, and 17

Yep, got three days behind this time. The only excuse I have is that I was so very tired from driving, then cooking, and now working that I just haven't gotten on here. I found that it is easy for me to take to pictures, but now that I have a kindle fire which doesn't have a slot for a memory card, I just don't get around to posting. But here are the necklaces I have worn for the last three days.
This first necklace is a beautiful gold necklace that Justin gave me for Christmas last year. He also gave me some simple gold studs to go with it. I tried to take a picture of it against the wall but it wouldn't show up in the picture. So I had to take it on a pillow. I have thought about adding a pendant but I am worried that it might scratch up the gold. And it is just so pretty on it's own.
Kelly asked me yesterday where I got this necklace and I had to think about it for a minute. I think I bought this necklace on either Overstock.com or Gem Stone King store on eBay  It is sad that I can't remember. I know that it is made of sterling silver and has diamond chips. It is very delicate and I had forgotten about it until I was digging around in my jewelry armoire.
This last one was given to me by my friend in Silver City who would buy raw stones and settings and put them together. This is a blue fire opal set in gold. I really need to find some earrings to match this necklace. I don't have very many pieces of opal, since it is my birthstone. So I treasure each piece of opal that I have.

No comments: