Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Necklace Project Days 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, & 27 (Yikes)

So yeah, I got a little behind on my posts. I still took pictures I just got so busy and tired to post at the end of the day. Here is the necklaces I have worn for the last six days. Problem is I don't remember which days I wore what except for a couple of them. But here goes on by descriptions.

This is a simple double wishbone necklace I think I picked up at either Walmart or Kmart after St. Patrick's Day one day. I was looking through my necklaces to see how far I had gotten on my little project and I am only about 1/5 of the way through my necklaces. And I also discovered that I have a lot more silver necklaces than gold. I think it is because most gold necklaces that are inexpensive tend to wear off quicker and don't look as good as the silver.

I actually wore two necklaces on Valentines day because of the outfit that I wore for my date with Justin. This is a gorgeous set that he gave be at Christmas, so I wanted to wait to wear it on a special night with the dress that he bought for me. At first I was worried that this set would be too bulky, but it is beautiful when it is on.

I wore this necklace during the day on Valentines day at the school. The school is in the middle of their Make a Wish fundraiser so each day is themed. Valentines day was Pink Day, so I wore this sterling silver snake chain with Swarovski crystals. I bought this piece at a Craft Show up in Cody with every intention of giving it to my sister Kelly, who loves pink. But I liked it so much I kept it. And I have made a few necklaces like this for other people.

I bought this necklace on Ebay because I didn't have any copper necklaces and I thought this one was pretty. It is a 2" locket. I found a family picture that we took right before we moved up to Wyoming that fit in it. Unfortunately I had to cut part of the family off. In the picture there was all of my immediate family plus one brother-in-law and one nephew. Since that picture was taken we have added another brother-in-law, an almost sister-in-law, two more nephews, and four nieces. So I didn't think it was fair to have just one in the locket. So I cut them out.

Again this is a necklace that I bought at an after something sale at Walmart or Kmart because I thought the necklace was pretty. You can't tell by the picture but there are actually crystals dispersed throughout the tree. The only problem I have with this necklace is that it has a tendency to get tangles really easily.

This is my newest necklace, courtousy of my sister Anne. It is a belated Christmas present. It is a glass pendent that has a quote from Pride and Prejudice on it. It says "In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." It is a line from Darcy. I love Pride and Prejudice along with all of the other Jane Austin books. I am going to have to try really hard not to wear this necklace over and over. Until I am finished with this little project.

Hopefully I will not get this behind again.  :)






No comments: